Questions for your contractor
The roof is one of the most important parts of a home. Not only does it protect your home from the elements and keep it structurally sound, but it is also a very important aspect in the overall look of your home and can be a significant factor when it comes to selling your home. Because your roof is so important, you don’t want to hire just anyone to install or repair it. You will want to hire a professional roofing contractor with some experience.
When many people hire a contractor they look for the cheapest estimate. Most often, the cheapest estimate will be the cheapest job. A better strategy is to ask potential roof contractors the right questions and choose the best one for the job.
Questions to ask
Here are some questions you can ask roofing contractors to weed out the bad and find the good:
· Does the contractor perform on-site inspections and estimates? An over-the-phone estimate is never as reliable as an on-site one
· How much experience does the roofing contractor have? There is a learning curve in the roofing industry; typically, the more experience the contractor has, the better job you can expect
· Does the contractor have proof of insurance? Also find out the specifics, how much liability coverage is included in their insurance?
· How has the contractor overcome an issue during a job? While this might sound like a job interview question from a fast food restaurant, it is a good way to gauge a contractor’s professionalism
· Does the contractor offer workmanship warranty
Finding the answers to these questions before hiring a contractor could save you costly roof repairs or even a premature roof replacement down the road.
Home improvement news brought to you by http://bartonroof.com/